Giving gifts does not actually require a special occasion. Sometimes, the tiniest of excuses are enough to send someone thoughtful gifts they will treasure. It could be to a congratulatory gift for a successful performance, a milestone reached, a means to cheer someone up. Gift baskets are the perfect thoughtful gifts for all kinds of occasions and no-occasion occasions. Here are five gift baskets to show you care or are thinking about someone.
Snack Gift Basket
Snacks are always a welcome all-occasion gifts. There are snack hampers that are pre-chosen for you, made up mostly of some of the most popular snacks in the market. There are plenty of variations of this type of gift hamper, depending on the vendor. Some shops, for example, offer unique artisanal or homemade snacks sourced from non-commercial manufacturers. There are also snack gift baskets that can be customized based on the recipient’s favorite flavors. Here are some examples:
- Fruit-based snacks such as fresh or dried fruits
- Chocolate-based snacks such as dipped fruits and nuts, bread, cookies, cupcakes, etc.
- Healthy snacks such as veggie-based chips
- Seasonal or limited-edition snacks
- Snacks sourced from other countries or regions
Cheese Gift Baskets
Cheese does not need an occasion to be enjoyed. For cheese lovers, cheese gift baskets are a terrific surprise and always welcome. Cheese gift baskets usually come in a number of options that cover several types. And with over 1,800 different cheeses available, there are plenty of combinations available. Cheese gift baskets make thoughtful gifts because cheese can be served and enjoyed for any occasion. Here are a few ideas to try:
- Different brands of one type of cheese
- A selection of cheeses from a certain region or country
- Artisanal cheese – homemade goodness made in small batches by small companies
- Cheese and a bottle (or two) of wine
Hobby Gift Basket
A hobby gift basket can consist of items that the recipient can use for his/her hobby. This can be a collection of raw materials, tools, and other supplies. A hobbyist will appreciate a fresh supply of materials and sparkling new tools he/she can use for his/her chosen craft. Hobby gift baskets can be pre-picked by the shop or customized by the giver. Here are a few examples:
- Leather crafter gift box made up of threads, needles, chisels, punches, setters, edge tools, and mallets, along with a selection of leather sheets
- Knitting gift baskets consisting of knitting needles, tapestry needles, scissors, crochet hooks, tape measure, stitch holders, patterns and conversion charts, and yarn – lots of yarn from Mary Maxim
- Gardening gift baskets consisting of gardening tools, tool tote, planting trays, gloves, a hat, and seed packets
- Mosaic gift baskets consisting of mosaic tiles, a hammer, adhesive, glass cutter, grout, safety glasses, and a dust mask
Gourmet Gift Basket
Giving thoughtful gifts to a connoisseur should not be a problem if you know which gift basket to get. Gourmet gift baskets are a step up from the average gift hampers because they are carefully chosen based on the ingredients, manufacturing process, maker/s, and location where they were made. Gourmet sausages, for example, are only available at special flavors that are produced at certain areas or regions and as such, are not readily available at the grocers. Gourmet gift baskets often have a unique flair, consisting of brands and items that are hard to find. Here are a few gift baskets to give that lucky recipient:
- Gourmet snacks consisting of chocolate candies, caramel, brownies, crunch mixes, and cookies
- Different types of heritage bacon, salty, salty-sweet, spicy, and/or smoked using hickory and applewood; for non-pork eaters, consider duck bacon, which is deliciously rich in flavor and texture
- Gourmet meat consisting of choice proteins in different cuts and forms from steaks to fillets to chops
- Gourmet ice cream – this will need some tricky packaging but with curated flavors, it will be worth it. Gourmet ice cream makers offer flavors that are not made by commercial ice cream manufacturers, so there’s always a lovely, tasty cool surprise in the basket.
Coffee Gift Baskets
You could never go wrong with a coffee gift basket. This is one of the most thoughtful gifts that coffee lovers will adore. There are only four types of coffee beans but coffee plants growing in different regions, along with the harvesting and processing procedures differ, which means you can expect coffee from one area to have a unique taste compared to coffee from another location. When choosing coffee gift baskets, look for unique characteristics and offerings to introduce exciting new flavors to a discerning palette. Here are some ideas to try:
- Single origin coffee refers to coffee that was grown, harvested and processed from one farm or estate or country. This type of coffee has never been bought by a trader and exchanged several times before it is branded (or rebranded).
- Coffee blends for the coffee fiend who loves specific combinations of coffee types
- World coffee are coffee beans sourced from farms and estates around the world. Different coffees allow the recipient to enjoy the flavors that different countries can offer
- Local/Domestic coffee beans grown, harvested, and processed by local farmers
- Deluxe coffee, milk, and chocolate mixes for cappuccino and mocha lovers