Web hosting is in charge of much more than just storing and publishing your website’s files. It is also necessary for your company to establish a credible online presence. Your website can provide great user experiences with excellent hosting services, which will improve your brand’s image in your users’ eyes. A poor web hosting solution, on the other hand, can ruin your visitors’ experiences, causing you to lose them in the long run.
Many cheap web hosting providers on the market today provide an excellent price-to-quality ratio. However, you may be unsure where to begin your search with many options. I trust this article has assisted you with understanding what you genuinely require from your web hosting company. This will allow you to make better decisions.
7 Things to Think About When Choosing a Web Hosting Company
1. Why is reliability important?
Uptime is the amount of time your website will be online and accessible to the public. It’s an essential factor to consider because you want your website to be available 24 hours, seven days a week. Assuming that your site is down when your guests are online, your conversion rates will suffer, and you will lose potential customers.
Look for a cheap web hosting provider that guarantees at least 99 percent uptime to avoid such situations.
2. What amount of time does it require to stack your website?
The speed with which your website loads directly impacts the success of your business. The truth is that a slow website can cause visitors to bounce, resulting in additional revenue loss. Choosing the right cheap web hosting provider is one way to ensure a fast site.
How to pick the best one:
- Determine how much traffic you expect and what types of files you’ll display on your site.
- Check to see how much bandwidth is included in the plan. This determines how much traffic your website can handle.
- Always double-check the facts when a hosting provider offers unlimited bandwidth. Typically, this means that your website can use as much bandwidth as it wants — as long as it doesn’t exceed the amount allotted by your hosting provider.
- Examine the available disc space and processing power. If you intend to store various media files and a large amount of user data, a 10GB storage device with limited RAM may not be sufficient.
- Look for caching that is built-in. This feature allows your users’ browsers to download your web page after visiting your site for the first time. This way, browsers can display the same page elements each time your users return, potentially reducing loading time.
3. Is there another option for easy scalability?
If you intend to expand your website, ensure that the web hosting company allows you to request upgrades to a higher plan. This is a handy solution for when you’ve exhausted all of your hosting resources and need to scale them up.
Though it is possible to switch providers, it is more convenient to stick with the same one from the start. Furthermore, the migration process can be time-consuming. Some providers provide VPS and cloud hosting plans that allow you to select and pay for additional resources. This can be useful and cost-effective if you anticipate a spike in traffic during specific periods, such as Black Friday sales.
4. Have you put in place effective website security measures?
As cybercrime becomes a severe threat to online businesses, keeping your website secure should be prioritized.
Here are a few qualities to search for in a potential cheap web hosting provider:
- SSL certificate: This stands for Secure Sockets Layer and aids in encrypting data transmitted between your web server and your visitors’ browsers. This feature is essential if you don’t want your users’ sensitive information to be hacked.
- Antivirus scanner: This will recognize and eliminate any malevolent programming that may be causing problems with your website.
- Firewall: This type of security system detects and prevents cyber attacks.
- DDoS mitigation: This is an abbreviation for Distributed Denial-of-Service, and it aids in preventing hackers from exhausting your server resources and bringing your website down.
5. Why are backups important?
It is also critical to ensure that the cheap web hosting company provides a backup service if your website files are lost due to security issues or by accident. You will not have to start from scratch with this. You’ll have it backed up in no time.
Look for cheap web hosting companies that perform regular, automated backups with one-click restore. You won’t have to worry about manually backing up your website. Some companies offer daily or weekly backup services depending on your plan.
6. Why monitoring for errors is essential?
If you’re new to web hosting, you’ll most likely require some assistance in managing it. It is beneficial if the provider you select has a monitoring and notification system to prevent glitches from negatively impacting your users’ experiences.
Regardless of the nature of the issues, ensure that the provider has a system to identify and report potential problems to you. Thus, you will want to determine any issue before it becomes a major one.
7. Is the web hosting company available 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
Dependable and responsive customer service will come in handy when you run into problems that you can’t solve on your own.
This is another critical question to ask when selecting a provider.
A live client support channel, like a visit, email, or call administration, should be available from the hosting provider. The company representatives should be able to respond quickly so that you can resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Aside from that, the hosting provider should provide comprehensive documentation easily accessible via their website. You can use it as a reference guide from time to time.
It might be ideal assuming you considered many variables previously for a cheap web hosting company. Picking the right web is pivotal working with a provider supplier considering its effects on the overall user experience of your site.