Instagram is a popular social media platform used by millions of people worldwide. The platform has become a popular platform for brands and influencers to reach their target audience through sponsored posts. However, if you don’t want to see sponsored posts on your Instagram feed, you can easily turn them off. In this article, we’ll discuss how to turn off sponsored posts on Instagram.
What are sponsored posts?
Sponsored posts are advertisements that appear on your Instagram feed, posted by influencers or brands. They are used to promote a product or service and can be targeted towards specific audiences based on their interests, location, age, and more.
Why turn off sponsored posts?
While sponsored posts can be beneficial for brands and influencers, they can be annoying for some Instagram users. If you find sponsored posts intrusive and want to see more organic content, you can turn them off.
For more query about this type of similar topics, you can read this article: Negosyo Tyagalog Quotes About Business
How to turn off sponsored posts on Instagram?
If you want to turn off sponsored posts on Instagram, there are a few ways to do it. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Open Instagram
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
- Go to Settings
- Tap on your profile icon in the bottom right corner of the app. Then tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to access your settings.
- Tap on Advertisements
- In the settings menu, scroll down to the “Account” section and tap on “Advertisements.”
- Tap on “Ad Topic Preferences”
- In the “Advertisements” section, you’ll see several options. Tap on “Ad Topic Preferences.”
- Choose the topics you want to see ads for
In this section, you’ll see a list of topics that Instagram thinks you’re interested in based on your activity on the app. If you want to continue seeing ads for certain topics, leave them selected. If you want to turn off ads for certain topics, simply tap on the switch next to the topic to turn it off.
Turn off “Ads About Social Issues, Elections or Politics”
If you want to turn off all sponsored posts, scroll down to the bottom of the “Ad Topic Preferences” page and turn off the “Ads About Social Issues, Elections or Politics” toggle.
- Save your changes
- Once you’ve made your selections, tap on “Done” to save your changes.
If you don’t want to go through the steps above, there’s another way to turn off sponsored posts on Instagram. Here’s how:
- Find a sponsored post
- Scroll through your Instagram feed until you come across a sponsored post.
- Tap on the three dots
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the sponsored post.
- Hide the ad
- Tap on “Hide Ad” and select the reason why you want to hide the ad.
- Turn off all ads
If you want to turn off all ads, select “It’s not relevant to me” as the reason for hiding the ad. Instagram will then ask if you want to see fewer ads or turn off all ads. Select “Turn off all ads.”
Instagram’s sponsored posts can be useful for brands and influencers to reach their target audience. However, if you find them intrusive and want to see more organic content, you can easily turn them off. By following the steps above, you can customize the types of ads you want to see and turn off all sponsored posts if you wish.