A VPN or Virtual Private Network creates the most secure connection between you and the internet. It stays protected from malware, viruses, spyware, and other threats while surfing the internet. But those who don’t know how to use one and get its protection can follow my guidelines:
How to Use a VPN?
You can get VPN on any device or platform with just three steps, which are:
1. Download the VPN
You first need to choose a VPN provider since there are many available. So, choose the best one. Then you need to get the subscription and download the VPN on any device you like to use.
2. Set VPN
Done with the downloading? If yes, you now need to set the VPN on your device. That’s because it won’t work until you set it right.
You need. Sign in to the VPN to use it. At the same time, you must also go to the VPN settings so that you can unlock the additional features.
3. Connect with the Servers
All set! Now, it’s time for you to connect with a server to use the VPN for your tasks. You are using a VPN because you want to hide your IP and use another so that no one can track you. And VPN has many servers in different locations worldwide with different IP addresses that you can use to hide and protect yourself. The VPN software has a connect button. Simply press on that, and you are connected.
VPN for Different Platforms
Don’t know how you can use a VPN on different platforms like Android, iOS, and Windows? Here’s the guide for you:
Use VPN on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android, and search VPN.
- Will find many apps and choose the one that you prefer.
- Install the app.
- Sign in and press the connect button.
Use VPN on iOS:
- It’s similar to Android. Just go to the App store.
- Search for a VPN app.
- Choose one from all search results.
- Install the app.
- Sign in and connect.
Use VPN on Windows PC:
- Download the VPN for your Windows PC, and sign in with your account when using your Windows. The VPN software that you are using on Windows has a connect button. Press on that, and you will be connected shortly.
- A few moments later, the software status will be changed to connect.
- A pop-up will notify you that you are connected.
Use VPN on Mac:
- Go to the App Store on your Mac OS.
- Find a suitable VPN that you like.
- Install it.
- Connect with the VPN by signing in.
How to Use VPN on Browser Extension?
VPN extension is available for browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. Now, just go to your browser’s Extension store and search for a VPN extension. And then install and add it as an extension. You can also download a VPN extension from Google for your browser.
Is It Free to Use a VPN?
Most VPN provider charges a monthly fee for their services. On the other hand, there are also many VPNs available that you can use for free, but you won’t be able to use all the features of the VPN then.
Can I Legally Use VPN?
Yes, of course. VPN is a privacy maintaining tool, and it’s fully legal. So, don’t worry about it. But yes, if you engage in any illegal activity with the VPN, that’s a different matter.
When Should a VPN Not be Used?
When you are playing games or downloading some, turn off the VPN. That’s because it can slow down your connection.