In today’s world of advanced technology and innovation, Our lives are inextricably linked to our smartphone’s and other gadgets. So, often the case when a site or app asks you for your cell phone number when you register to receive an activation code text message.
But what if you don’t have a phone number or just don’t want to disclose your personal phone number and want to be anonymous online? Read in this article.
What is a virtual phone number?
A virtual phone number is a phone number that can be used to receive text messages, but the number itself is not tied to any particular device or service. Virtual numbers have many uses, but their most common use is for businesses who want to receive SMS messages online without needing to have a physical SIM-card or mobile device.
What are the advantages of virtual phone numbers?
Here are some of the most obvious advantages of using a virtual number over a regular phone number:
- They’re easy to get. You don’t have to go through a lot of hassle to get a virtual number for SMS verification. All you need is your e-mail address to create an account for SMS verification service — and boom! You’ve got a virtual number that can be used to receive text messages.
- They’re private. The best part about virtual numbers is that they’re private — they don’t belong to anyone except for you, so no one else can use them or access your information through them.
- They can be used to bypass phone number verification for any application or platform. Virtual numbers work with any application or platform that uses SMS verification, which means they’re incredibly versatile and useful in all kinds of situations: everything from online dating apps like Tinder and Grindr (where they can help prevent catfishing) to banking apps (where they can help to register multiple bank accounts). They really are something everyone should have at.
What is SMS verification procedure?
SMS verification is a way to verify a person’s identity using their mobile phone number. The process typically involves sending a text message with a code to the user, who then enters the code into an app or web page. It is typically used as part of the sign-up process for online services like email accounts, social media platforms, messengers and online banking.
How to create a virtual phone number to bypass SMS verification
Just follow these steps to get a virtual phone number to bypass SMS verification:
- Go to the sms-man.com website and click on “Sign up”.
- On the next page, fill in your information and click “Sign Up”.
- You’ll get an email with a link to confirm your account. Click that link to complete registration.
- Now choose the country of the virtual phone on the home page of the sms-man.com
- After selecting a country, you must choose a service to receive SMS online (e.g. PayPal, Google, Tinder, Amazon, Telegram, WhatsApp and many others).
- Click on the “Buy” button next to the selected service.
- Now that you have a virtual mobile number, use it to bypass phone number
- When an SMS is sent, go back to the sms-man.com and click “Get SMS” to view the verification code.