Becoming a certified specialist in senior fitness is one of the most rewarding and challenging personal trainers certifications. It’s also the hardest to get since certifications for personal trainers are not standardized across the country.
To become a specialist, you need to complete at least two other personal trainer certifications, an introductory level certification, and a related specialty certification.
If you’re thinking about getting into this profession, keep reading for everything you need to know about how you can earn a senior fitness certification online.
What Is Senior Fitness Certification?
Senior fitness certifications are highly specialized personal trainer certifications designed for professionals who want to thrive in the fitness field for older adults.
Different certifications exist for different regions, but there are some general requirements that most certifications have in common. For example, most senior fitness certifications require you to have at least 500 hours of experience as a personal trainer and to have completed two other personal trainer certifications.
Why Become A Certified Specialist?
When you complete a senior fitness certification, you can add “certified specialist” to your resume. It will help you stand out from the competition and help you find more employment opportunities.
Personal trainers who are certified specialists in senior fitness can expect to earn more than those who are not certified. The average certified fitness specialist earns around $5,000 more yearly than the average personal trainer.
Moreover, most employers prefer certified specialists to non-certified trainers. This can help you get hired more quickly and earn more during your first year on the job.
How To Earn a Senior Fitness Certification Online
Before earning a senior fitness certification online, you must complete at least two other personal trainer certifications. After you have these certifications, you can then earn your senior fitness certification online by following these steps:
- Research your certification – The first step to earning your senior fitness certification online is to research your certification. Find out what it entails, who issues it, and what you need to do to earn it.
- Select the best online course – Some online certification courses offer senior fitness certification options. Choose the course that best fits your schedule and budget.
- Set achievable goals – Before you dive into your online course, set some goals for yourself. How long do you want to study each day? Where do you want to study? What textbooks do you want to read or online resources do you want to use?
- Create a study schedule – Once you’ve set your goals, create a schedule to help you reach them. Make sure to give yourself time to rest and relax. However, you should try to study at least one hour each day.
- Take the exam – Most senior fitness certification courses require that you take a final exam at the end of the course. This exam is offered online as well.
The Final Words
Senior fitness certifications are some of the most in-demand personal trainer certifications. The best way to earn your senior fitness certification is to complete an online course.
Earning one will make you an expert in the field of fitness for older adults. It will also help you stand out from the competition and help you find more employment opportunities.