HomeBusinessThe Gold Eagle Coin- Why You Should Have It Your Coin Collection

The Gold Eagle Coin- Why You Should Have It Your Coin Collection

-

The US Gold Eagle is one of the most popular coins in the world. It was first issued in 1986, and since then, it has become a favorite among coin collectors and gold investors.

But what makes this coin so collectible?

Let’s look at the Gold Eagle Coin and why it belongs in your collection.

The US Gold Eagle Coin Design

The American Gold Eagle coin was first issued in 1986 by the United States Mint. Each coin has a face value of $50, although its market value is significantly higher. This gold coin is popular not only for its intrinsic value but also for its beautiful design.

In addition to being made from over 90 percent pure gold, the coin’s reverse side presents an image of a male eagle carrying an olive branch, soaring over a female eagle and her hatchlings in their nest. The obverse side features an intricately detailed rendering of Lady Liberty draped with an American flag, designed by sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens. These coins represent the spirit of American tradition and tangible wealth to those who own them.

Value of the US Gold Eagle Coin

The value of any gold coin depends on its condition, rarity, and current market prices for gold bullion. The US Gold Eagle coins contain 91.67% gold by weight–the remaining 8.33% is copper, silver, or zinc–and are available in 1/10 ounce ($5 face value), 1/4 ounce ($10 face value), 1/2 ounce ($25 face value) and one full ounce ($50 face value). A complete set of these coins from 1986 to the present day can be quite valuable; prices range from $40 to over $3,000 depending on condition and year.

Collecting Considerations for the US Gold Eagle Coin

When collecting this particular coin, there are several things to consider, such as condition, rarity, and authenticity. Well-preserved coins will be more valuable than those that show signs of wear or damage due to handling or storage conditions; rare coins will also have higher values than more common varieties. As with all collectible and investable coins, authentication is essential. So be sure to only purchase from reputable dealers who can prove their products’ authenticity.

Conclusion: Invest In A Stunning US Gold Eagle Coin

The US Gold Eagle Coin is an iconic piece that has been around since 1986 and is still highly sought after by collectors today. Its design is based on Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ classic $20 Double Eagle from 1907–1933. The design features Lady Liberty walking confidently forward while holding an olive branch in one hand and a torch in the other—a powerful symbol of hope during difficult times.

Its reverse side features a male bald eagle flying over his nest with his mate standing nearby with wings outstretched—conveying strength, protection, family unity, love & loyalty. Its combination of history & beauty, along with its potential monetary value, makes this coin an excellent choice for any collector or investor looking to add something special to their collection.

shehad
Blogger By Passion, Programmer By Love and Marketing Beast By Birth.

Related Post

How to Compare Home Loan Interest Rates and Find the Right Lender

With so many banks and financial institutions offering different home loan interest rates and terms, figuring out which one is the best fit can take...

How to find the best broker for futures training?

The process of studying and developing information and abilities relevant to trading futures contracts is referred to as futures training. Futures contracts are financial derivatives...

5 Reasons Reusable Pallet Covers Are Changing the Packaging Game

In Logistics and distribution, the push towards sustainability and efficiency has never been more critical. As businesses across the globe strive to minimize their environmental...

Most Popular